Thursday, October 14, 2010

How is this food?

Seven weeks since I slept with my partner
Seven weeks since I've driven a car
Seven weeks since I've eaten with a knife, fork and spoon [I eat with chopsticks and soup spoon]
Seven weeks since I had a bath [only showers here]
Seven weeks since I've worn a jumper
Seven weeks since I've had tea from a pot

Yesterday I bought some Leicester red cheese at Taste in Festival Walk, Kowloon Tong. The first cheese I've had since 22 August, except for the cheese on the pizza at Delifrance when I met with Jeff. Jeff lives in Kunming, Yunnan province and speaks both Mandarin, Cantonese. He wanted to eat something different than the rice and noodles that are the main stay of his household.

I bought a bagel to go with the cheese as the bread here is somewhat different.

They also sell Corn Flakes, and with a Twinings Tea [English Breakfast tea bags] it is a good breakfast, although I do enjoy the congee with salted pork and preserved eggs. And the congee lasts tl afternoon easy. So I sometimes fit the old Colonial tastes. And I also get the Trappist Dairy milk from New Zealand. I'll have to have a look at how many Trappist monks, let alone dairy's there are in NZ.

Anyway tonight I am definitely going out for some rice. It's a staple and has been in our household for years. Love it. Mifan. 饭.

In one of the large stores here they sell this packaged cheeses in squeeze-me tubes. I didn't buy the hot cheese fish sausage.

No comments:

Post a Comment